South Korea's foreign minister held a series of talks with his Malaysian and Indonesian counterparts in San Francisco this week and requested for their countries' support in South Korea's bid to host the 2030 World Expo, his office said Saturday.
Park Jin made the request during separate meetings with Malaysian Foreign Minister Zambry Abdul Kadir and Indonesian Foreign Minister Retno Marsudi on Tuesday on the margins of the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) ministerial meeting.
During his talks with Zambry, Park also requested support from Malaysia in efforts to elevate relations between South Korea and the Association of Southeast Asian Nations next year to a "comprehensive strategic partnership," according to Seoul's foreign ministry.
- Transgender blind spot in hospitalization: NHRCK
- Hyundai Rotem to showcase new ground weapons systems at Seoul expo
- S. Korea set to open largest
- Seoul subway workers vote for strike plan
- Disability rights group lodges complaint with rights watchdog over leader's arrest
- Seoul subway on verge of strike
- Hamas weapons, tactics resemble those of NK: JCS
- SC Bank Korea CEO nominated for fourth term