The Monte-Carlo Ballet Company, led by the artistic director and choreographer Jean-Christophe Maillot, is set to present “Romeo and Juliet” at the Seoul Arts Center in Seocho-gu from Friday to Sunday.
This is the Monaco-based ballet company’s first performance in Korea since their 2019 rendition of “Cinderella.”
Maillot reimagines Shakespeare’s literary masterpiece through the flashbacks experienced by the distraught Friar Laurence as he reflects on how the tragic end of two young lovers came to be.
- Daily Sports Hankook hopes to help stengthen Korea
- Reconstructed Dondeokjeon hall in Deoksu Palace to open to public
- [Korea Beyond Korea] Early Koreanists on verge of extinction overseas
- [KH Explains] Lotte goes all
- School violence drops, drugs among teens surge: police
- Seoul shares open lower on Fed's higher
- '코로나 봉쇄' 북한, 국경 열었다…3년8개월 만에 외국인 입국
- Major Korean firms fare worse than US counterparts in H1